To enable this capability contact your account manager.
You can update your feed periodically, as described in Create & Sync a Product Feed Using a Data File, Or use an API to update only the changes (rather than syncing the entire feed). This can be helpful to quickly sync a feed with a large number of products, which can take some time to sync by file.
Syncing your product catalog with Dynamic Yield via API includes the following steps:
- Create the Product Feed in Experience OS.
- Generate an API key to include in each API call.
- Implement the API calls to send data to Dynamic Yield. Calls include performing a bulk update or getting a transaction status.
- If you do not yet have a product feed, go to Assets › Data Feeds and create it.
- For the Feed Source, select Sync via API.
- Add any optional properties that will be included in each item of the product feed by clicking New Property. These can later be used for:
- Targeting (for example, if you add "color", you can target users who purchased blue items)
- Affinity scores (for example, include color affinity in the affinity recommendation algorithm)
- Defining merchandising rules in your recommendation widgets (for example, never recommend products of a specific brand).
- Custom properties must follow these guidelines:
- Values must be strings, up to 1,000 characters, with no special characters.
- Property names must not start with '_id'.
- After you add a custom property, you can't remove it. You can stop using it or return empty values, but the property must be in any future items.
To set up your feed to support sites or apps with multiple languages, see Multi-Language Support for Product Feeds
- Click Save and Activate to complete the process.
To enable this feature, contact your account team. To generate an API Key:
- Go to Settings › API Keys and click New Key.
- Specify Feed for the ACL value and click Save.
- Copy the value of the key to a secure location.
See the API reference: Product Feed API
Updated about 1 month ago