Welcome to the Petshop - the first in a series of step-by-step tutorials to using our API as a developer.
The Petshop is a simple mock e-commerce website centered around cool stuff for pets: clothes, toys, carrying bags and more. While being focused on e-commerce needs, most of what you'll learn here applies to any other industry vertical.
Through this tutorial, you will learn the basics of:
- Integrating Dynamic Yield via code
- Collaborating with business stakeholders via the Admin UI
- Designing the setup for a new test.
- You can easily come up with new ideas for personalization for either new or returning customers, e.g. if I identify a Cat Person, could I change the whole wording throughout the site to make it just a bit snarky?
- There's a great stash of freely usable high-quality images available for this topic on Unsplash.
- It's been empirically proven to be darn cute.
- Setting up a Site in Dynamic Yield for API-based personalization.
- Replacing a static Hero Banner. A Hero Banner is that large banner at the top of many homepages, showing a cool image and some smart copy. You will transform a static banner to an A/B test powered by Dynamic Yield, and controllable by your business user through our Admin Web UI.
- Progressing from an A/B test to targeted experiences using events, audiences and bring-you-own custom attributes.
- Adding a recommendations widget.
- Optionally, there are some bonus tasks awaiting you at the end of this tutorial.
Updated 2 months ago